feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

TrueCrypt Hack Boot Kit

Label: ,


I do not know her, we keep it, but TrueCrypt is for me an indispensable security tool to protect my data and thus to protect my privacy. According nervous made me a message that TrueCrypt have been hacked. In the search for further info, I stumbled on this interview with the author of the hack
If I understand correctly now, the danger but not as great as originally feared of me. I read for myself the following facts from the two sources:

     * Yes, the boot kit can be installed on a hard drive, even though the drive is encrypted with TrueCrypt. This works because TrueCrypt's boot sector is not encrypted.
     * No, that can not decrypt boot kit with TrueCrypt encrypted hard drives.

What does this mean for users? From my perspective it's not really clear threatening danger. TrueCrypt I understand as a safeguard against unauthorized access (theft / seizure), and not as a defense mechanism against infection by malicious programs. The protective function of TrueCrypt will remain so, since the unauthorized access will continue to be prevented. Infection by the parasite (the boot kit) is thus an infection like a virus and / or a worm.

Can someone please cross check once? Thank you!

1 komentar:
gravatar
Unknown said...
May 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

We should thank you for giving such a wonderful blog. Your site happens to be not only informative but also very imaginative too. We find a limited number of experts who can think to write technical articles that creatively. All of us are on the lookout for information on something like this. I Myself have gone through several blogs to build up on knowledge about this.We look forward to the next posts !!

Webmaster Forum

Software Donload

Post a Comment